Reimagining Dry Eye: A Free, Four-Part Webinar Series
Join the Cornea Society for Reimagining Dry Eye, an exploration into the pathophysiology and novel research driving the latest, transformative treatment paradigms. Watch one webinar or all — each will feature intriguing discussions guided by our four unique panels and attendees’ questions.
About the Webinars
Each Reimagining Dry Eye webinar is a deep-dive, detailed discussion of the pathophysiology and treatment paradigms for dry eye disease (DED). Attendees learn about new treatment paradigms, consider shifting treatment paths in their own practices, and help build consensus among ophthalmologists who diagnose DED daily in this new definition of DED. This consensus-building will in turn assist in further research, improved diagnosis and improved patient care throughout the world.
Each webinar considers the research presented in the open-access paper, “Defining Dry Eye from a Clinical Perspective,” from the International Journal of Molecular Sciences. The paper was written by an international team from Japan, the United States, China, France, Korea, Germany and Italy.
Webinar attendees are highly encouraged to read the paper before watching the webinars to formulate their own reactions and questions.
The presenters in each session bring relevant cases and offer their key takeaways and discussions of dry eye disease treatment. Since each panel features different participants, each of the webinars are unique. Attend all four to expose yourself to a broader range of conversational foci and diverse perspectives.
Can’t watch them all? No problem — The webinars are complementary to, but do not build on, one another.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Reimagining Dry Eye webinar series is free and open to all, regardless of Cornea Society membership status. It provides immense value to anyone who sees dry eye in their clinics, including comprehensive ophthalmologists, cornea subspecialists, young ophthalmologists and optometrists, whether U.S.- or internationally-based.
Panelists & Timing
THURSDAY, APRIL 7 - WEBINAR 1
- Featured Speaker: Reza Dana, MD, MSc, MPH, Massachusetts Eye and Ear
- Moderator: Deepinder K. Dhaliwal, MD, L.Ac, University of Pittsburgh
- Panelist: Sonal S. Tuli, MD, Med, University of Florida
- Panelist: Lisa M. Nijm, MD, JD, University of Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary, Warrenville Eye Care and LASIK Center
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 27 - WEBINAR 2
- Featured Speaker: Kazuo Tsubota, MD, PhD, Keio University
- Moderator: Bennie H. Jeng, MD, University of Maryland
- Panelist: Esen K. Akpek, MD, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Panelist: Matilda F. Chan, MD, PhD, University of California, San Francisco
WEDNESDAY, MAY 25 - WEBINAR 3
- Featured Speaker: Stephen C. Pflugfelder, MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Moderator: Elmer Y. Tu, MD, Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Panelist: M. Soledad Cortina, MD, Illinois Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Panelist: Deborah S. Jacobs, MD, MS, Massachusetts Eye and Ear
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 22 - WEBINAR 4
- Featured Speaker: Anat Galor, MD, MSPH, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Moderator: Kathryn A. Colby, MD, PhD, NYU Langone Health
- Panelist: Jennifer Yeong-Hua Li, MD, UC Davis Health
- Panelist: Annie Nguyen, MD, USC Keck School of Medicine
This continuing medical education activity is supported through an educational grant from Oyster Point Pharma, Inc.