kera-net is the official online resource of the Cornea Society. It was developed for ophthalmologists with a specific interest in cornea, external disease, eye banking, and refractive surgery. kera-net provides a worldwide interactive forum where subscribers can exchange clinical information relating to diseases and surgery of the cornea and external eye and refractive surgery.
Among the topics covered in this kera-net are:
- The presentation of interesting or challenging clinical problems (difficult diagnostic dilemmas, management problems) where a subscriber might request input from other clinicians or present for interactive discussion.
- The posting of information on new surgical techniques, eye banking information, contact lens-related technology, refractive surgical issues, or experience with new medications.
- Presentation of or requests for educational and teaching resources, the location of which may not be readily obvious in books, slides, scientific journals, or the internet.
- Sharing availability of new internet-base medical resources.
- The posting of helpful clinical practice suggestions in the areas of clinical patient care and practice management for the fields of cornea, external disease, and refractive surgery.
The list is open to all relevant postings. On occasion, we provide topics for global “roundtable” discussions. In addition, we will attempt to provide information to subscribers on other internet resources relevant to medical practice, both clinical and academic. At this time we are unable to offer access to ophthalmic industry representatives and press.